This is a simple electronic speed controller (ESC) for brushed motors. The polarity reversal is achieved by employing a relay. The ESC is thus well suited for usage in scale model boats with moderate speed.
Build instructions, the firmware for the microcontroller as well as exposure templates for the printend curcuit board are freely available for personal use.
- max. current: 15 Amp.
- motor voltage: 6 V ... 12 V
- PWM frequency: 2,5 kHz or 9 kHz
- fail save
- setup procedure for center position and full up
- control and power stage isolated by an optocoupler
- Firmware (.hex file) for PIC 16F627A
- PCB layout exposure template